There are few things in the world I love more than a good red lip.
Well, Party Rings, puppies, then red lips, if we're going to put them in genuine order.
It's easy to keep red lips for only certain occasions - but recently, I've been all over red for everything from running to the shops to going out-out. Intimidating at first - but try it with a super-lashy mascara, a fresh, simple base, and you're good to go. Here are my top red lip picks:
1. Tom Ford Lips and Boys in Dylan. I've already waxed lyrical about this glorious, wildly expensive little tube. A real suit-almost-everyone, neutral toned red shade, with a super-smooth, comfortable matte formula. If you can bear to part with the dolla, this is a perfect medium red. You can pat this in to the lips as a stain if a full matte red lip is a bit much - it works equally well used this way.
2. MAC Retro Matte: Ruby Woo. An oldie, and a goodie. There's a reason this is a cult product. Sure, the Retro Matte formula is on the drier side (nothing compared to your average liquid lipstick on my lips, it has to be said) - but it will not budge once it's on. A vivid, medium-to-cool red - this is a punchier version of TF Dylan.
3. MAC Matte: D for Danger. This is a cool, berry-red - if you're a berry lip fan and not sure about a crimson pout, this is a nice way in. Super-smooth, creamy, easy to apply and wear - and as a bonus, it makes your teeth look shiny-white. It's a darker shade, for sure, but it's surprisingly easy to wear. Again, this looks really chic and modern patted in as a lip stain.
4. Colourpop Ultra Satin Lips in Lost - a beautiful, warm, brown/brick red. This is in my favourite liquid lipstick formula - the Colourpop Ultra Satin Lips. If you have a darker complexion or are olive-toned, this is a seriously flattering shade. The formula is ridiculously comfortable and long wearing.
5. and finally, Colourpop Ultra Satin Lips in Prim. Listed as a "dark blackened red", this shade is vampy, burgundy-red - on a dark complexion, this will look amazing. I love this shade as a statement - again, the formula is so light and comfortable, you'll forget you're wearing such an incredible red!
|L-R Colourpop Prim, Lost, D for Danger, Ruby Woo, Dylan|
Some links above are affiliate links. All products mentioned bought with my own money.